Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the beautiful hot summer weather so far….
Today, I am sharing the Chewy Oatmeal Raisins and Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies. What I normally do I make half raisins and half chocolate chips from the mixture. At home, we have different favorites when it comes to Oatmeal Cookies. I myself, like the Oatmeal Raisins more but my daughter likes the Oatmeal Chocolate Chips one. One thing we agree, we like them chewy and big !!!! You can also use Cranberries instead of Raisins which are definitely tasty too. Whatever you prefer, enjoy!
Ingredients: 18-24 cookies
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Optional: 1.5 cups of raisins or chocolate chips or cranberries for the whole recipe. If you decide to make half and half, use only 3/4 cup of each instead.
Preparations: 25 min
- Preheat oven at 350F
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining liquid ingredients
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Add the raisins or chocolate chips or you can do half raisins and half chocolate chips so you can just divide the mixture
- Scoop onto a cookie pan or tray about 2-3 inches apart
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Let it cool for about 7-10 minutes
You can make 18-24 cookies depending on your size preference. Should you prefer to have 24 smaller cookies, just make sure you don’t overflow the cookie scoop for each cookie. Otherwise, you can have 18 beautiful big cookies like what I did. Yummmmmmy!!!!