Hello Everyone! Summer is definitely here. It’s time for barbecue or grill and enjoy the company of family and friends. Wherever you are, be at your own backyard or at someone’s home or at some restaurants’ patios, please stay safe and enjoy.
This week, I’d like to surprise you all with my easy yummy version of cooking or grilling steak and serve with buttered corn and steamed broccoli. Some of you may prefer your steak well done, medium rare or rare. Remember, you can taste a great steak if it’s either rare or medium rare. Not all may agree with me, but for those who haven’t tried eating steak rare or medium rare ever, I would suggest to try it. Maybe baby steps, medium rare first and compare it to well done. I guarantee it would definitely taste better and more juicy.
So first, make sure you have a fresh slices of steak about at least an inch thick to 1.5 inches. However, a perfect thickness is 1.5 inches. You can always get fresh cut steaks from the butcher’s shops or even from big grocery stores or supermarkets. T-bone steak, rib eye steak, sirloin steak or filet mignon, it’s really to your choice. I prefer rib eye steak, no bone and cooked on a skillet. You can always have your steak gas grilled too.
Steak can be prepared a night before or 30 minutes before. Either way, you can season your steak any way you want but steak are already delicious with just salt and pepper when it’s very juicy. So with what I am about to share with you, is very simple way to cook steak. Believe me, when you know how to cook your steak, it’s so far delicious and much better than any of the big restaurants’ in the city that would charge you a fortune for a 4-8 oz steak.
Once you learned how to cook a perfect steak, you would never waste your time and money going to the restaurants for steak in the future for sure. Enjoy!
Ingredients: 2 servings
- 2 slices of premium cut rib eye steaks 1.5 inches each about 10-12 oz (284-340 grams)
- 1.5 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn (540 ml) drained
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- Bulls-eye sauce to serve with the steak
Using skillet: Rare 2 min on each side; Medium Rare 3 min on each side; Well done 5-6 min on each side
Using gas grill: Increase one minute on each side
- Season the steak with garlic salt and ground black pepper and let it set for 30 minutes or you can prepare it the night before and keep it on the fridge overnight
- Steam or boil the broccoli for about 5-10 min and set aside covered to keep it warm
- Sautee the corn with 1 tbsp of butter and set aside covered to keep it warm
- Preheat the skillet for the steak for about 5-7 minutes, make sure it’s really hot
- Add 1 tbsp butter, when melted add the first steak, cook about 2 min on each side for rare and repeat for the second steak
- Serve with steak sauce
You may add other seasonings or spices as you like. But simply with garlic salt and ground black pepper, as long it’s juicy, you’ll have a perfect steak. And you can add steak sauce too.