Hello Everyone! It’s been awhile since my last blog. I have been busy trying some recipes for the last two weeks. So far, it’s getting there slowly. Once I perfected the recipe, I will share definitely with you all. At the moment, I am mastering one of the Filipino delicacies called Sapin-sapin. It’s made of glutinous rice flour and at this time I am still mastering the colors. And recipe will be posted very shortly.
Anyways, today I baked Sweet Bread. You can definitely add more sugar if you want it a little sweeter. But on this recipe, I used just 1 tbsp of sugar since I usually serve it warm with cream cheese or butter. Enjoy!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar (you may add another tbsp)
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 egg to brush the dough
- Pre-heat oven at 380F
- Mix all the ingredients except for egg and sesame seeds
- Knead for about 10-15 minutes
- Put it in a greased loaf pan or simply form the dough to round or oblong and place it on a baking pan
- Let it rise for an hour
- Brush it with egg
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Bake for 25 minutes
Serve warm with cream cheese or butter. Enjoy!