Hello everyone, I hope all is well for you all. For those who have children who are going back to school, I thought that I would share the pizza dough recipe for you all mommies and maybe to some daddies too. And of course to everyone…
To most parents, sending children back to school is a big challenge especially that our fight against the Covid19 is not over yet. Fear is giving us constant anxiety and definitely stressing most of us. Yes, we cannot live in fear but we’re only human and it comes naturally. However, we have to continue living life at the same time. What else can we do?
To keep ourselves safe, we continue to protect ourselves by wearing face masks, observe proper social distancing and personal hygiene. Also, continue to educate ourselves healthwise, keep well informed about the Covid19, avoid crowded places and mostly taking care of our health in general.
Anyways, stay safe everyone and I wish you all well….
Making pizza from scratch is very easy. What I love about making it myself instead of ordering, I can always customize the toppings and of course the crust. My children like both thin crust pizza and regular crust. It’s the toppings that my son or my daughter would have preference. My son likes pepperoni and extra cheese or meat toppings and my daughter prefers vegetarian pizza. With the vegetarian pizza comes sundried tomatoes, banana peppers, mushrooms, spinach and more.
The recipe is good for a medium size regular pizza. However, you can always make an extra large size by doubling the recipe or ingredients. Now, you have the choice for thin crust or regular crust. So whatever your heart desires…. You can add any toppings to your pizza and for cheese I would suggest mozarella for sure.
Ingredients: Medium Size
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil for the dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil after kneading
- 1 cup pizza sauce or tomato sauce or 3 tbsp of olive oil (your choice)
- 1 cup grated mozarella cheese or your choice of type of cheese
- your choice of toppings
Please note you don’t need to put the whole cup of tomato sauce, you can use only half or no sauce at all. Sometimes I used olive oil instead of tomato sauce and it’s still delicious.
Preparation: 1 hour 45 min
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Add warm water and 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix well and knead for about 10-15 min
- Form the dough into a ball and use the remaining olive oil to brush the dough
- In a big bowl, let the dough rise about an hour or until double
- Punch the dough a few times to remove the air pockets
- Knead for about 5 minutes and flatten the dough with a rolling pin forming into round about 12 inches in diameter or medium size pizza
- Add sauce, toppings and cheese
- Preheat oven 475F
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes