Bringing your egg omelet to the next level! What do you think?
My family really enjoy this rolled egg omelet for breakfast. Believe me, everyone would love this for breakfast or brunch! I used to make them in half moon or a full round or rectangle and slice them and serve just like everyone. But I find this rolled one more appealing and tastier especially to children.
It’s simple and easy recipe. You can use any vegetables for your omelet like bell peppers, mushroom, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes or onions and garnish them with bacon or grated cheese. On this recipe, I only used chopped carrots and green onions and added some black pepper, salt and chili flakes. By the way, I suggest to use two vegetables only on your omelet recipe to make it easier to roll.
This type of pan is used specific to rolled omelet in Japanese or Korean household and so as the flat spatula. However, you can always use the normal non stick round pan or skillet. It maybe hard to roll the omelet for the first time but I am sure you’ll get the hang of it the second time. I normally use two regular spatulas to maneuver and it’s really easy.
Depending on how many servings you’re making and how thick the slices you would want your omelet, that’s the number of eggs you’d need. Say, 2 eggs per person, then you’d need 6 eggs on your omelet for family of three. On this recipe, I used 8 eggs and made 9 decent slices unintentionally or I should have sliced them into 8 for 4 servings. Oh well, I got the extra slice!
- 8 Eggs
- 1 stalk green onions chopped
- 1 small carrots chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
For garnish: Bacon or grated cheese (Optional)
*** You may add mushrooms or bell peppers on your omelet.***
PREPARATIONS: 3-4 Servings
- Prepare your skillet at medium high, add 1 tsp of olive oil and spread evenly by using brush or spatula.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and add green onions, carrots, salt, black pepper or spices and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture enough to cover the skillet.
- When the egg mixture is almost cooked, start rolling from top edge towards you and leave about 2 inches and slide it to the top and pour some egg mixture again.
- Do this again until you finish the egg mixture.
- When done, slice the rolled omelet and transfer onto a serving plate and serve warm.
#tamagoyaki #gyeranmari #eggomelet #omelette #breakfast
One of my favorite places in the world. I travel to Las Vegas at least twice a year for fun and to visit my dearest friends. Aside from enjoying the company of my friends, I also enjoy Las Vegas itself. I love the lights and of course entertainment and food…
Finally, after two years of Covid lockdown, I mananged to travel internationally. So far, majority in the US are no longer wearing masks. However, it’s really your choice and there are still a few who chose to wear masks. Tourists and locals are more relaxed now…
It’s very soft and light…